We are glad to announce a new calculator on our site: Free Cable Size Calculator
By using this calculator you may estimate the copper wire gauge by taking into account:
- cable length
- the desired voltage drop
- the system voltage of your solar panel and solar array wattage
- cable working temperature.
This wire sizing calculator can be used for estimating the cable size of other cables carrying DC current and belonging to the other parts of solar panel system as well.
You can play with this cable size calculator to estimate the impact of the solar system voltage chosen on cable gauge, maximum cable length at the same gauge etc and their effect on the price of your solar system.
We highly encourage you to read the instructions showing you how to get most out of this wire gauge calculator.
Latest posts by Lacho Pop, Master of Science in Engineering (see all)
- What Are Solar Panels Made Of- How Do Solar Panels Work - February 2, 2019
- Solar Power Systems For Your Home Or Business - May 2, 2018
- How Many Solar Panels Do I Need? - April 8, 2018